The Africa Study Bible (ASB) is the most ethnically diverse, singlevolume, biblical resource to date. Written by 350 contributors from 50 countries, it includes the Holy Bible: New Living Translation, Anglicized, and more than 2,600 features that illuminate the truth of Scripture with a unique, African perspective.
The Africa Study Bible is a totally new kind of Bible, built from the ground up by scholars and pastors in Africa who see the critical need to make Scripture relevant to our everyday lives. It’s an all-in-one course in biblical content, theology, history, and culture.
– Application Notes inspire readers to apply biblical truth to everyday life.
– Proverbs and Stories relate Scripture with wisdom from Africa.
– Learn Notes teach Christian values and doctrine.
– Touch Points reveal uniquely African perspectives
– Articles give practical advice on how to live faithfully in 50 essential areas.
– Book Introductions explain each book’s content and connect biblical themes to African contexts.
– A narrative timeline highlights God’s work in Africa from the beginning of civilization through today.
– Topical index and Concordance, A Bible Overview Reading Plan, In-text Maps, Charts, and Timelines, Full-colour Maps, and more!
- Over 2400 notes explain the Bible, inspire readers to apply truth to everyday life, teach Christian values and doctrine, and more.
- “Touch points” and “Proverbs and Stories” give African perspective on the Bible and also show parallels with African wisdom.
- A narrative timeline highlights God’s work in Africa.
“Here is a fresh study of significant value written by African Scholars from an African perspective. It is hoped that not only Africans but also people from other cultures will find this study most beneficial for personal devotion and spiritual development.” – Apostle Dr. Opoku Onyinah, Chairman of The Church of Pentecost”The Africa Study Bible is unique because it contains study notes written by Africans for Africans. For the first time, the African church will have a Bible with application notes that address the real-life issues that Africans deal with every day. Combine those features with an easy-to-understand Bible translation that speaks directly to the heart . . . and you have the potential to transform the lives of multitudes of leaders, lay people, and seekers. I’m delighted that the Africa Study Bible is now [will soon be] available to my African brothers and sisters.” -Mark D. Taylor, Chairman/CEO, Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
“Now, as African Christians are becoming an increasing portion of the global church, African scholars and teachers have produced a study Bible sensitive to African realities. This momentous event is not only the climax of many years of work, but undoubtedly the beginning of many more good things to come.” -Dr. Craig Keener, Professor of New Testament, Asbury Theological Seminary